Who Do I Think I am?


Hello. I am Danny. That is my face. I have been acting for over a decade. Am I where I thought I would be? No. Do I have as much money as I planned to have by the time I was 34? No. Do I want to do anything else? Absolutely not. Am I delusional? Probably. Most actors who have been ploughing away as long as I have, or longer, will tell you a healthy amount of delusion is necessary to stay in an industry such as this. Not succeed, but stay. 

I am going to tell you, dear reader, about what I have learned, what I have done and what I plan to do. There will be advice, both good and useless. There will also be illustrations because I love to draw, and I think we need pictures. I will talk about sex scenes (oh, the joy), being naked on camera, music videos, student films, feature films, touring theatre, money, no money, writing, not writing. All of it. 

This narcissistic venture is aimed at myself. I just want to write things down and see if I can get to the bottom of why the hell I am hammering myself over the head with applications, self tapes, open auditions and everything else that goes along with this decision I made when I was 19. It is also aimed at those of you who are just starting out and those who have been doing it for as long as I have. 

I will be posting every Wednesday at 18.30pm, beginning on the 22nd May, 2024. I hope you, the reader, find at least some of it helpful. 

The first subject is, Theatre In Education. Enjoy. 


xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind The Curtain: A Journey Into Theatre In Education.

I Dressed as a Drink for Money: Two Days in The world of Promo.